The purpose of the Foundation is to provide funds to support the initiatives of the Community Solutions Group and its partners as a specialist facilitator of corporate investment and philanthropic giving. The focus is on unique service and asset development projects that provide direct benefit to individuals, families and communities, specifically in regional Queensland.
Areas of interest include:
- Targeted relief e.g. Grandparents As Parents – supporting grandparents who have lost their own children due to accident, illness or addiction and now must raise their own grandchildren (NB Community Solutions Inc currently supports 50 families on the Sunshine Coast)
- Scholarship programs – for students with unique talents in central Qld communities
- Innovative community engagement initiatives – e.g. Tickets for Kids – providing young people with the opportunity, excitement and inspiration of attending major sporting, music, drama and cultural events utilising excess stadium and venue capacity. This was achieved for 50,000 Queensland students from 450 schools (inc Thursday Island) during the 2001 Brisbane Goodwill Games.
- Indigenous art and culture programs – indigenous youth in remote communities
- Community Capital Centres – integrated community service centres for providers of support services for individuals and families in need.
- Retreats – a private natural setting for individual and family support services
- Business Enterprise Centres – incubators and/or hubs for small businesses located in regional areas (The Group currently operates from a similar centre in Bundaberg)
- Entrepreneur support programs- mentoring, grants, direct investment and partner referrals targeting individuals and start ups in regional Queensland.